Pages

Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Day 13 - The 30 Day Colouring Challenge

Day 13 of Kathy Racoosin's 30 Days of Colouring had me watercolouring with Magenta Nuance Powders to create a card for a dear friend. She is very much in my thoughts and I know she will appreciate it.




Supplies: 90 lb cold press Montval watercolour paper (Canson), Hot Pink and Grass Green Nuance powders and sentiment stamp (Magenta), mask (MarieLune designs), Gold Glitz Delicata ink (Tsukineko), clear fine emboss powder, Stitched Rectangle die and Assorted Moonshine Sequins (Simon Says Stamp), graphite All pencil (Stabilo), border punch (Fiskars), green cardstock (misc.)


I used a mask like a stamp and transferred the Nuance coloured image onto watercolour paper. Next, I used the largest Stitched Rectangle die from Simon Says Stamp to cut out it. Then, I stamped the Magenta sentiment with Gold Glitz Delicata and heat embossed it with fine clear emboss powder. I used a graphite Stabilo All pencil to give some shadowing of the sentiment to make it show up a bit better against the leaves. Next, I adhered the panel to a border punched green cardstock base. Lastly, I added a spattering of my favourite Simon Says Stamp's Assorted Moonshine Sequins to finish it off.

I am entering this card into the Flower Challenge # 6, Simon Says Stamp Wednesday For a Special Lady Challenge and Simon Says Stamp's Flickr Challenge #66 Get Coloring (in honour of Kathy's Challenge).

           


If you would like to see what else I have been colouring throughout the challenge, check out my Instagram feed.


TTFN,

4 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous, beautiful card, love the watercolour flowers.
Thank you for joining us at Simon says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
Luv
Debby

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this free style of water coloring and admire the artists who can create something this beautiful with just a brush and inks.
Your card is gorgeous!!! Thank you for sharing it with us at THE FLOWER CHALLENGE, hope you join us again next time.
Hugs,
Maria Rodriguez.DT

Viv said...

Such a pretty card Cassandra,great water colouring too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Karren said...

Gorgeous card! Your masked flowers look amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge.