Pages

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Tweet, tweet - Our Mixed Media Moodiversary


Have you seen the Our Mixed Media Moods Moodiversary Mood Board? It is awesome and chock full of cool inspiration photos and colours. I have been totally sucked in watching both DeeDee Catron's and Jenn Engle's creative process videos on their YouTube channels based on the mood board and they got me itching to play along.






Supplies: Teriyaki Experience paper to-go packaging, gesso (Liquitex and Golden), Whipped Spackle (Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft), Petal Trio and Spring Blooms stamps (Magenta), Dina Wakley Ocean, Lime and Blushing Heavy Body Acrylic paints, Dina Wakley Scribbly Birds stamps, Jet Black Archival ink (Ranger), stamped bird on patterned paper and medical tape (misc.)


I decided to start by upcycling a paper based Teriyaki Experience's take out container that I wiped clean and cut it into a variety of sizes for bases. I loved the kraft colour and Japanese text and while I was eating my delicious meal, thought that it would make a cool background starting point for a variety of creations. My first project, made from it, is this 4 x 6 piece inspired by the Melon, Turquoise, and Green colours of the moodiversary board.






I started by scraping on some gesso and then stamping into Whipped Spackle paste with a Magenta Petal Trio flower stamp from the latest collection (I hadn't done spackle stamp embossing for a while and I was totally inspired by one of DeeDee's videos). Then, I used Dina Wakley Heavy Body Acrylic paints to add colour. I used Ocean to colour the flowers and the top corner as well as some splatters. I used Lime with bubble wrap to stamp three areas as well as added some to the medical tape that I adhered to the bottom section.






Next, I used Jet Black Archival ink with the Magenta Spring Blooms silhouette stamp and then added some swipes of Blushing paint to match the fussy cut melon coloured stamped bird which I received from fellow Get Messian Art Journaler, Sarah Rondon, from a swap that we both participated in. Then, I added the Dina Tweet, Tweets which I stamped onto cardstock and cut out. Lastly, a few finger swipes of gesso and I called it done.

To play along, get inspired by anything on their moodiversary moodboard...






... have fun creating a mixed media masterpiece and link up on DeeDee's blog.

TTFN,


No comments: