Pages

Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas Joy



Today, I have a little Magenta watercolour merriment to bring some joy during the holiday season.




Starting with the Christmas Tree stencil, I used a mini Broken China Distress ink pad and ran it along the outline shape of the tree. I spritzed it with water and then used it like a stamp on a 140 lb piece of watercolour paper. While the colour dried, I cleaned off the stencil and dried it. Next, I lined the stencil up with the tree shape and using three colours of watercolour pencil crayons, I outlined the ball ornament shapes and added more colour to one side of the ball. I repeated the same process with a brown watercolour pencil crayon for the tree trunk. Then using a fine waterbrush, I moved the colour around creating a darker to lighter area and leaving a highlight.





Once dry, I added a shadow outline area with a graphite Stabilo All pencil. Next, on a piece of acetate transparency, I used the Love Letter stamp with Saddle Brown StazOn ink. Then, I stamped the Joy part of the Joy to the World sentiment stamp with Jet Black StazOn ink. Once completely dry. I cut them into three pieces, and adhered them with a gloss gel media. Then, I mixed Delicata Golden Glitz re-inker mixed with texture paste and used the Stars stencil to create the star at the top of the tree. Lastly, I adhered a piece of birch bark to the cardbase prior to adhering the painted panel and added some baker's twine.




*****

Produits Magenta utilisés:
Magenta products used:



TM197 Christmas Tree
TM197

Love Letter
95.017.L

TM180 Stars
TM180
Joy to the World
07.958.H



I hope you enjoyed today's creation. 

TTFN,


No comments: